Burger King had to be evacuated after blaze broke out in kitchen

News: Burger King had to be evacuated after blaze broke out in kitchen

Another Lincolnshire Highlights news story…

A Burger King restaurant had to be evacuated after a blaze started in the kitchen, officials from the firm have finally revealed.

Emergency services were called to the scene at the branch in Pilgrim Garden in Wyberton over the weekend after a fire broke out at the fast food eatery.

A fire had broken out inside the broiler and it had to be evacuated.

Customers had to be evacuated and a technician had to be called to see to the broiler.

A spokesperson for Burger King said: “Burger King has been flame-grilling since 1954 and as the saying goes, when you play with fire you occasionally get burned.

 

“We can confirm that there was a small, contained fire inside the broiler over the weekend. As safety is a key priority for Burger King, we temporarily evacuated the restaurant for a short period of time as a precautionary measure to allow a technician to attend to the broiler.

“The restaurant was swiftly reopened as normal when the technician was confident everything was in safe working order.”

We asked for details about the fire at the weekend but it was some time before we received a response.

The branch only opened for the first time on Tuesday, August 6 as part of the new Quadrant development.



Source by [author_name]

Previous Post
Live updates as police rush to two-vehicle crash on busy road near Lincoln
News

News: Live updates as A52 closed after tractor overturns

Next Post
Exploring the Oregon Coast  Ruff Road Review
General

Exploring the Oregon Coast Ruff Road Review

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Site Hosted and Maintained by HostBanquet - Lincolnshires Own Hosting Provider

This site is sponsored by HostBanquet - Lincolnshire's own web hosting professionals and CommonSenSEO - Lincolnshire's premier SEO company for website ranking.