News: Firefighters called after blaze at popular children’s attraction near Lincoln

News: Firefighters called after blaze at popular children’s attraction near Lincoln

Another Lincolnshire Highlights news story…

Firefighters were deployed after a blaze at a popular Lincolnshire children’s attraction.

A crew was sent to Rand Farm Park near Wragby yesterday afternoon, Tuesday, August 14, after a discarded cigarette caused a waste paper bin to go up in smoke.

The small fire was extinguished before firefighters arrived, but did cause some damage.

Some of the fencing was damaged, as was the power supply to the under 4s jumping pillow and kiosk.

 

That has left the jumping pillow temporarily out of order and the kiosk is operating on a limited service.

However, Richard Wary, director at the farm, says the popular attraction remains open and hopes to have all the issues resolved today.

An aerial view of Rand Park Farm
(Image: Rand Farm Park)

He said: “It was caused by a discarded cigarette in a waste paper bin.

“It was only minor – it was put out by the time the fire brigade got here.

“Everything should be up and running by this afternoon.

“The damage has been repaired.”

 

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue has, however, disputed the cause of the fire.

A spokesperson said: “We were called at 5.09pm to a fire at Rand Farm Park.

“A crew from Lincoln North went but the fire was out on arrival.

“One hose reel was used to dampen the surrounding area.

“It was caused by an electrical fault in a motor.”



Source by [author_name]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Site Hosted and Maintained by HostBanquet - Lincolnshires Own Hosting Provider