Warning over painkillers as father of two dies after 'savage' operation goes wrong

News: Warning over painkillers as father of two dies after ‘savage’ operation goes wrong

Another Lincolnshire Highlights news story…

A Grantham man whose marriage broke down as a result of his chronic back pain died after a massive overdose of painkillers.

Christopher John Robson became addicted to painkillers after back surgery that left him with significant side-effects.

An inquest has this week revealed he collapsed and died at his home in Dale Road after taking too much Tramadol.

And the coroner warned that he may have become hooked on the drug as a result of the ‘savage consequences’ of the surgery he had.

Two police officers administered CPR, but the 48-year-old died after 45 minutes’ care and treatment by paramedics.

Father-of-two Mr Robson was on a monthly prescription of Tramadol but an inquest into this death held at Boston Coroner’s Court on Tuesday heard that it was “never enough” and he always wanted more.

The website Frank warns that the drug is a prescription painkiller that people can become addicted to and abuse.

A large bag of the drug was found in his bedroom and it was suspected that he had bought it from the Netherlands for £343 shortly before his death on November 22, 2018.

Read More

News on Lincolnshire Live

There was also a trace of a new psychoactive substance (formerly known as a legal high) in his system. Mr Robson’s family believe this could have been included in the powder he bought.

Boston Coroner's Court
Boston Coroner’s Court
(Image: Google)

The inquest heard that Mr Robson, who had a long history of recreational drug abuse, had had surgery on his back in 2011 and 2013.

The problem was not resolved and he suffered significant side-effects which led to the breakdown of his marriage.

He also suffered depression due to not being able to work.

In written evidence, Mr Robson’s mother Rosemary Taylor said his mood had been low just prior to his death. On the night he died he had been in his room smoking more than normal and drinking litres of fluid.

“He had what appeared to white powder down the front of his T-shirt which he said was salt due to his sweating and he had changed his T-shirt about four times,” she said.

After she and her husband had gone to bed he was unusually noisy, the hearing was told.

Later, a neighbour rang to complain that he was banging car doors outside.

Mrs Taylor said: “He refused to talk to me about what was bothering him. I sat him in the chair to try to get him to talk to me. He started making a funny noise. He got up and I followed him into the bathroom. He was still making the funny noise.”

Soon Mr Robson was crawling on the floor and Mrs Taylor called 999.

Area coroner for Lincolnshire, Paul Smith, concluded it was a drug-related death, adding: “It may well have been that his addiction (to Tramadol) was a by-product of the savage consequences of the surgery that he had.

“One can have nothing but sympathy for someone who has the kind of side-effects described in this case.”



Source by [author_name]

Previous Post
Firefighters scrambled to tackle two ‘severe’ fires just miles apart
News

News: Firefighters scrambled to tackle two ‘severe’ fires just miles apart

Next Post
Blue Hour : Mini Cinematic Part 2 : Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4k
General

Blue Hour : Mini Cinematic Part 2 : Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4k

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Site Hosted and Maintained by HostBanquet - Lincolnshires Own Hosting Provider

This site is sponsored by HostBanquet - Lincolnshire's own web hosting professionals and CommonSenSEO - Lincolnshire's premier SEO company for website ranking.